It seems as if every time Mother Hen turns around and she turns around quite a bit (in order to stay comfy on her nest), there is some wingnut out there promoting some ridiculous rumor about President Mr. Obama’s faith/birthplace/education or how you can buy a penguin online. Mother doesn’t like to brag, but you won’t catch chickens buying that nonsense! Nope! It’s people every time.
Mother H. finds herself tempted to test the true gullibility capacity of the human race by starting a few whoppers of her own. After all, what else does a chicken have to do on a Saturday night?
Here are a few rumors and/or conspiracy theories that Mother would like to make the rounds, if in fact she would do such a nefarious thing, which of course she would never …well it is highly unlikely …which you never heard here.
- Hillary Clinton is just in it for the frequent flyer points.
- Has anyone seen Sarah Palin’s high school diploma? Anyone?
- Terrorists are planning to turn off Niagara Falls.
- Eating moldy cheese will cure erectile dysfunction.
- Wind turbines are really mind control devices. Don’t look at them directly, and you will be okay!
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is planning to crown himself Emperor of California just as soon as an earthquake causes the state to separate from the US mainland.
- Guantanamo Bay prisons are really faked by Castro to make Americans look bad.
- Glen Beck is an illegal alien…from Mars.
- Stephen Colbert posts on Twitter are encoded messages to Vladimir Putin.
- Email Mother Hen’s URL to 100 of your closest friends or your computer will blow up! (Remember, that’s https://motherhensnest.wordpress.com)
As a further public service, Mother H. would like to remind people that all rumors, conspiracy theories, chain emails, urban legends, and appeals for donations can be checked out at www.snopes.com.
Please, for the sake of all that is rational, before you pass along any shocking, heart-rending, or politically/racially/religiously controversial reports, go see the good folks at Snopes who strive to investigate every story that is kicking around and determine if it is true, false, or a bit from both camps. Mother Hen’s inbox will thank you!
Now for something completely different, but hilarious! Mother Hen says watch this video!