Mother Hen finds strange, silly stuff all the time: on the TV, in her People magazines (How else is a chicken supposed to study human behavior?), in conversations with the house cats, and especially when visiting with her friend Jodi Edwards Wright, who oddly enough, notices a lot of weird things as well.
What confounds MH is how much stupid stuff people see or say every day without remarking on how it is all so bizarre! Mother Hen suggests that more folks get their eyes and ears checked regularly.
- First, MH must confess that a list of stupid things is in itself stupid, as things can’t be stupid – humans (and occasionally, animals) on the other hand…
- White cats named Mittens
- BOGO should be BOGOF*
- How can people reconcile if they never conciled in the first place?
- “Arkansas” Why is it pronounced like “ark and saw?” Mother Hen has it on good authority that Noah never lived there.
- Pink Lego
- “Borrowed time” Where can MH get some, and what is the interest rate?
- People looking nonchalant while their dogs go poop
- Naming body parts Seriously! That is what the medical profession is there for.
- Unrefrigerated Jello Cups This is just wrong, people.
- Edible oil products Ditto
- Plastic banana protectors
- Fake flies on pants or PJs
- Toy vacuums Who do you think you’re kidding? Even two-year-olds realize it’s work!
- Air bands MH may be dating herself, but she remembers when Milli Vanilli got in big trouble for this.
- Newlyweds smashing cake in each other’s faces Now there’s a way to start “happily ever after.”
- Worms They are both male and female and if you slice them they don’t die. Now, doesn’t that sound like some movie starring Sigourney Weaver?
- Getting autographs from Disney characters
- Plastic corks Shouldn’t they be called “plorks?” They certainly aren’t cork anymore.
- “Casual formal” What is that, jeans and a tie?
- Worst song lists that exclude “Disco Duck”
*Buy One Get One Free
Mother Hen is confident that there will be no shortage of material, should she ever wish to do a “Things That Are Stupid 2.”